Here’s a month in reflection:
- NYC is best spent with someone. I can’t go there alone again without an objective, someone by my side, and keeping myself busy.
- I meet the occasional person who I wasn’t expecting. Once again, that happened. The challenge is to keep it up in the meantime.
- Next time I get the flu, 3 days max. And, please, not right in the middle of a conference at which I really wanted to spend more time networking and enjoying myself.
- Austin is a small town trying to feel like a big city, but it’s really a small city that acts like a large town. Keep Austin weird!
- SXSWi is getting too big for its own good. It makes me wonder what to do about next year.
- I need to learn how to balance spending time out with friends and making time for myself. I hate sacrificing the chance to see people but I need to spend the time alone that I know I need.
- Each visit to Houston reminds me of two things: I’m glad I’m living somewhere else but I miss it just as much as always. It’s always bittersweet to go back and return from the city.
- I let go of a bunch of stuff I’ve had in boxes for years. I didn’t get any time to go through and sort that which I wanted to keep from that which I didn’t want. Nevertheless, it had to happen. Parts of my past went up in smoke, literally.
- I didn’t have any Easter candy until after Easter when it was all on sale. What a nice way to save money!